Meeting the needs of our client’s depends on identifying the root cause of the client’s body shape distortion and seated footprint. We will discuss a methodical evidenced-based approach to assessment and matching those needs with potential product solutions. You will be able to identify critical questions that need to be answered related to identifying clients at high risk of seated pressure related injuries. Case examples as well as interactive discussion will be utilized to navigate our way through this critical assessment and Intervention process.
1. The participant will be able to define and apply the algorithmic approach (increasing complexity)to seating and mobility limitations and describe the effect seating and mobility assistive equipment intervention has on the client’s independence.
2. The participant will be able to name the critical steps involved in the hands-on-positioning-seating assessment.
3. The participant will be able to identify at least 3 commonly seen postural asymmetry symptoms in the seated posture.
4. The participant will be about to name at least 3 key considerations involved in the selection of a manual mobility device.
5. The participant will be about to differentiate 3 performance characteristics of standard power mobility and complex rehab power wheelchairs to justify the medical need for the appropriate base.
CPD Points: 2.5
Email us with any questions or enquiries. We would be happy to answer your questions. We'll do everything we can to respond quickly.
Made up of more than 40 assistive technology professionals (ATPs), our clinical team are specialists in assistive technology and equipment prescription.
Independent Living Specialists is Australia's largest medical and homecare equipment supplier with over 60 showrooms across New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland and South Australia.