You will learn about:
• Pressure injury staging including differentiation between pressure injuries, MASD and IAD.
• Skin assessments and early detection of pressure injuries
• Pressure care in bed including principles around repositioning
• Pressure care when seated
• Equipment prescription for pressure injury prevention including: beds, mattresses, equipment for transfers, bathroom equipment and seating (cushions, wheelchairs and recliner chairs)
• Bariatric pressure care – theory and equipment prescription
• Geriatric pressure care – theory and equipment prescription
• Palliative pressure care – theory and equipment prescription
Get hands on with equipment and apply your learning to real life case studies with ILS.
Registration is at 8:30 AM, $80.00 for the day.
Morning Tea, Lunch and Afternoon Tea included.
7 CPD Points
ILS Clinical Education Manager
Pressure Care Educator
ILS Home Care Assistive Technology Specialist
Email us with any questions or enquiries. We would be happy to answer your questions. We'll do everything we can to respond quickly.
Made up of more than 40 assistive technology professionals (ATPs), our clinical team are specialists in assistive technology and equipment prescription.
Independent Living Specialists is Australia's largest medical and homecare equipment supplier with over 60 showrooms across New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland and South Australia.